Angel of the Week (AotW): Archangel Michael
Meaning: “Who is like God”
Other Names: St. Michael, the Archangel; Mikhail; Mikael
Archangel Michael was the first angel created by God. He is also the patron of policemen. He leads the heavenly angels. He defends our souls and God. He is the great prince charged to defend the people. Michael is one of the two only angels mentioned by name in the Bible. One of the things he can be called upon for is to clear, cut, and remove negative energies. He can be called upon to cut the etheric cords of fear and negativity.
He is often depicted with winged and with an unsheathed sword. In the Renaissance period, he was shown as young, strong and handsome. He was shown wearing armor and was equipped with a sword, shield and spear. His wings are generally conspicuous and very grand. He is also seen holding the scales of justice. In Muslim lore, Michael’s wings are said to be “the color of green emerald” and he is covered with “Saffron hairs, each of them containing a million faces and mouths and as many tongues which, in a million dialects, implore the pardon of Allah.”
Legend tells that the cherubim were formed from the tears that Michael shed over the sins of the faithful.
St. Michael the Archangel,
defend me from battle;
Be my safeguard
against the malice and snares
of the negative seen or unseen energy forces.
Rebuke the negative energy forces oh God
I humbly beseech you,
and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host,
by the Divine Power of God
thrust into the darkness,
all the negative seen and unseen energy forces,
and all of the ugly spirits who wander about the world
seeking the ruination of souls.
In Jesus Christ’s name I pray,
who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever.
- “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.” ~ Daniel 10:13-14 (KJV)
- “But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.” ~ Daniel 10:21 (KJV)
- “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.” ~ Daniel 12:1 (KJV)
- “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.” ~ Jude 1:9 (KJV)
- “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” ~ Revelation 12:7-9 (KJV)
- “And then Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel looked down from heaven and saw much blood being shed upon the earth, and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth. And they said one to another: ‘The earth made without inhabitant cries the voice of their cryingst up to the gates of heaven.” ~ Enoch 9:1-2 (http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/ethiopian/enoch/index.html)
- “. . . And the Lord said unto Michael: Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.” ~ Enoch 10:11-16
- “Raguel, one of the holy angels who takes vengeance on the world of the luminaries. Michael, one of the holy angels, to wit, he that is set over the best part of mankind and over chaos.” ~ Enoch 20:4-6
- “Then answered Michael, one of the holy and honoured angels who was with me, and was their leader.” ~ Enoch 24:6
- “This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel. And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.” ~ Enoch 40:9-10
- “And Michael, and Gabriel, and Raphael, and Phanuel shall take hold of them on that great day, and cast them on that day into the burning furnace, that the Lord of Spirits may take vengeance on them for their unrighteousness in becoming subject to Satan and leading astray those who dwell on the earth.” ~ Enoch 54:6
- “And Michael sent another angel from among the holy ones and he raised me up, and when he had raised me up my spirit returned; for I had not been able to endure the look of this host, and the commotion and the quaking of the heaven. And Michael said unto me: Why art thou disquieted with such a vision ? Until this day lasted the day of His mercy; and He hath been merciful and long-suffering towards those who dwell on the earth. And when the day, and the power, and the punishment, and the judgement come, which the Lord of Spirits hath prepared for those who worship not the righteous law, and for those who deny the righteous judgement, and for those who take His name in vain-that day is prepared, for the elect a covenant, but for sinners an inquisition.” ~ Enoch 60:4-6
- “. . . And I heard Michael answering and saying: This judgement wherewith the angels are judged is a testimony for the kings and the mighty who possess the earth. Because these waters of judgement minister to the healing of the body of the kings and the lust of their body; therefore they will not see and will not believe that those waters will change and become a fire which burns for ever. And after that my grandfather Enoch gave me the teaching of all the secrets in the book in the Parables which had been given to him, and he put them together for me in the words of the book of the Parables. And on that day Michael answered Raphael and said: The power of the spirit transports and makes me to tremble because of the severity of the judgement of the secrets, the judgement of the angels: who can endure the severe judgement which has been executed, and before which they melt away ? And Michael answered again, and said to Raphael: Who is he whose heart is not softened concerning it, and whose reins are not troubled by this word of judgement (that) has gone forth upon them because of those who have thus led them out ? And it came to pass when he stood before the Lord of Spirits, Michael said thus to Raphael: I will not take their part under the eye of the Lord; for the Lord of Spirits has been angry with them because they do as if they were the Lord. Therefore all that is hidden shall come upon them for ever and ever; for neither angel nor man shall have his portion (in it), but alone they have received their judgement for ever and ever.” ~ Enoch 67:12-68:5
- “. . . This (angel) requested Michael to show him the hidden name, that he might enunciate it in the oath, so that those might quake before that name and oath who revealed all that was in secret to the children of men. And this is the power of this oath, for it is powerful and strong, and he placed this oath Akae in the hand of Michael.” ~ Enoch 69:14
- “And the angel Michael[one of the archangels] seized me by my right hand, And lifted me up and led me forth into all the secrets, And he showed me all the secrets of righteousness.” ~ Enoch 71:3
- “. . . And Michael, and Raphael, and Gabriel, and Phanuel, And the holy angels who are above the heavens, Go in and out of that house. And they came forth from that house, And Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, And many holy angels without number.” ~ Enoch 71:8-9
- “And these blessings which went forth out of my mouth were well pleasing before that Head of Days. And that Head of Days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, thousands and ten thousands of angels without number.” ~ Enoch 71:12
- “Anyone who opposes GOD, and His angels, and His messengers, and Gabriel and Michael, should know that GOD opposes the disbelievers.” ~ Sura 2:98 (http://www.quran-islam.org/main_topics/quran_in_english_(P1223).html)
- “When our messengers went to Abraham with good news, they said, “Peace.” He said, “Peace,” and soon brought a roasted calf.” ~ Sura 11:69 (Some believe this is a reference)
Posted on June 18, 2012, in Angel of the Week (AotW) and tagged Angels, Archangel Michael, Aura, Bible, Christianity, Doreen Virtue, Energy, God, Light, Love, Protection, Qur'an, Religion, Renaissance, St. Michael. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.