Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra (a.k.a. Brow Chakra, Eye of Shiva, Mind’s Eye, Ajna) is located in the middle of the forehead, or between the eyebrows. It is the sixth chakra. It has to do with perception. The sense associated is the sixth sense. This chakra is also associated with the pituitary gland, the carotids, the temples, the eyes, the brain, and the forehead.
It can be symbolized with the Star of David, or a two-petaled flower. Its musical note is A. Its element is light. Jupiter is its planet. The deities connected are: Apollo, Athena, Belenus, Hakini, Hekate (Hecate), Iris, Isis, Krishna, Morpheus, Paramashiva, Tara, and Themis. The owl is its animal. The associated gemstones are: quartz, lapis lazuli, indigo, sapphire, and sodalites. Silver is the metal. Aromas associated are: mint, jasmine, and vanilla. Incenses associated are: acacia, aniseed, mugwort, saffron, and star anise.
Indigo is the color of this chakra. In terms of the aura, indigo represents intuition, sensitivity, and deep feeling.
This chakra is associated with clear sight and clear insight. It is known for being able to perceive things in the spiritual world. It also helps in the development of your intuition.
- Unable to perceive spiritual insights.
- Too caught up with the ordinary human side of life.
- Weak or inadequate sense of self.
- Vision affected in some way.
- Excessive preoccupation with higher realities to the detriment of everyday existence.
- Very egotistical.
- May be schizophrenic.
- May have frequent headaches or migraines.
- Have an awareness of higher levels of self and attuned to your higher self.
- Have an understanding of the totality and purpose of the universe.
- May be clairvoyant and see auras.
- May perceive a radiant, spiritual light.
- May see and receive guidance from higher angelic beings.
You want this chakra open. A good affirmation is: “I see.” “I see clearly and I’m not afraid to see. I am loved and I’m safe.”
There are a few spiritual lessons with this chakra. One is understanding and having an open mind. Another is the reality check. The final lesson is detachment.