The Heart Chakra (a.k.a. Anahata) is located on the center of the chest. This is the fourth chakra. It has to do with love and balance. The sense it is associated with is touch. This chakra is also associated with the thymus gland (immune system), heart, circulatory system, lungs and chest.
It can be symbolized with a cross, a hexagram (Star of David), or a twelve-petaled flower. Its musical note is F. Its element is air. Venus is its planet. The deities connected with the heart chakra are: Aphrodite, Avalokita, Freya, Isis, Lakshmi, Maat, and Vishnu. Birds, the dove, and the antelope are also associated with this chakra. The gemstones are: emerald, green jade, kunzite, rose quartz, and pink tourmaline. Copper is its metal. Rose is the aroma. Its incenses are: amber, jasmine, lavendar, marjoram, meadowsweet, and orris root.
Green and pink are the colors of this chakra. The former is the most common and selected the most for association with this chakra. Green represents healing. It’s a comfortable, healthy color of nature. In the aura, green often represents growth and balance. When it is dark green, it can mean jealousy, resentment, insecurity, unempathetic, and sensitive to perceived criticism. Pink means loving, tender, sensitive, artistic, purity, and compassion. It can also represent a new or revived romantic relationship. It can also indicate clairaudience. Dark and murky pink can represent immaturity and/or a dishonest nature.
This chakra shows our emotional empowerment. It connects us to the world of love.
- Hard-hearted, unsympathetic, and self-centered.
- Full of negative emotions.
- Afraid to love others.
- Unable to love yourself.
- Dominated by your emotions and feelings, i.e. love, joy, sorrow, etc.
- Desperate to please others.
- Too overly concerned with the needs of others, putting them above your own needs in an unbalanced way.
- May be involved with a self-centered or immature partner.
- May take all abuse, always forgiving them, and always cleaning up after them.
- Very compassionate, understanding, and generous person.
- The emotions of love, joy, happiness, honesty, and respect are very important to you.
- Considerate and sensitive to the needs of others, and empathetic to their pain.
- Feel love for all beings around you, in an ever-widening circle from yourself and family, pets, friends, neighbors, countrymen, fellow human beings, and all fellow living beings on Earth.
- You can see the Divine in all beings, and you can see the same Divine in you is also the Divine in them as well.
An affirmation that you need to think is: “I love and I am loved.” Some words you need to know are: unconditional love, compassion, peace, forgiveness, and acceptance.
You have a few spiritual lessons with this chakra. One of them is forgiveness. Unconditional love is another one. Learn to let go. Trust and compassion are the final lessons. Develop and open this chakra.