Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra (a.k.a. Manipura) is the third chakra. It is located at the solar plexus, hence the name. This is the focal point of our power and will. Its sense is sight. It’s associated with the pancreas, liver, skin, intestines, and stomach.
It can be symbolized with a circle, or a ten-petaled flower. E is its musical note. Its element is fire. Mars and the Sun are its planets. Its deities are: Ares, Athena, Bel, Bride, Dionysus, Lakini, and Mars. The ram is its animal. The gemstones are: amber, Tiger’s Eye, yellow topaz, and citrine. Iron is the metal of the Solar Plexus Chakra. Aromas associated are: lavendar, rosemary, and bergamot. Some incenses are: calamus, cardamon, carnation, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, marigold, and orange.
Yellow is the color of this chakra. This is the color of the mind, intellect, high intelligence, and wisdom. In terms of the aura, yellow represents: awakening, intelligence, inspiration, action shared, creativity, playful, optimism, and an easy-going attitude. When little kids use yellow in a drawing, they usually use it for the sun or some kind of flower (e.g. sunflower).
This chakra helps tie us to the emotional world. It is the Emotional Center. It also defines our self-esteem and will-power. This is also one of the centers of intuition (a.k.a. “gut feeling”), so pay attention to it.
- Blocking emotions, or emotions feel superficial.
- May only feel negative emotions (i.e. anxiety, panic, or worry).
- Closed to spirit energies.
- Unable to experience sweetness and joy in life.
- Fear of change and incapable of opening to greater things in life.
- Ruled by ambition, pride, fear, love of fame, desires and passions, and likes and dislikes.
- Overly concerned with their place in life and their relation with others.
- May crave the company of other people.
- Be unable to cope or amuse yourself on your own.
- Have a deeply fulfilling emotional life.
- Take an expansive, outgoing, and sociable attitude to the world.
- Able to feel the sweetness of life.
- Have a sense of belonging and fitting in perfectly in the universe.
- Feel daring, confident, and able to take risks.
It is clear that you want this chakra to be open. One of the things you need to think is: “I act.” You can also say: “I love myself for who I am.”
There is one spiritual lesson for you to learn with this chakra. Learn to accept your place in the life stream. It can also be known as self-love. When I say “self-love,” I mean it in that you need to appreciate and accept yourself. Don’t be narcissistic about it. Accept yourself and your place in the stream of life.
Posted on May 29, 2012, in Energy/Lightwork and tagged Aura, Chakras, Emotions, Energy, Light, Lightwork, Love, Sanskrit, Self-Esteem, Spirituality, Willpower. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.