The Sacral Chakra (a.k.a. Spleen Chakra, Swadhisthana, Svadhisthana, and Adhishthana) is located in the sacrum (or lower abdomen), hence its name. This is the second chakra. It has to do with sexuality, relationships, creativity, and emotional balance. Its associated sense is taste. This chakra is associated with the sexual organs, the stomach, the upper intestines, the liver, the gallbladder, the gonads, the pancreas, the spleen, the kidneys, the skin, and the middle of the spine.
It can be symbolized with a six-petaled flower, or a pyramid. Its musical note is D. Its element is water. Jupiter, Neptune, and the Moon are its planets. Its gemstones are: carnelian, garnet, moonstone, orange tourmaline, and Tiger’s Eye. The aromas are musk, ylang-ylang oil, and sandalwood. Its incenses are: musk, orange, jasmine, damiana, gardenia, rose and neroli. Tin is the medal. The deities connected with this chakra are: Aphrodite, Diana, Mari, Neptune, Poseidon, Rakini, and Tiamat. Its animals are fish, sea creatures, and makara.
Orange is its associated color. This color symbolizes vitality, vigor, good health, and excitement. In the aura, it can mean that there is a lot of energy and stamina, creativity, productivity, adventurous, courageous, and outgoing nature. It can also mean that the person is currently experiencing stress related to appetites and addictions.
This chakra helps tie us to the emotional world. It is fluid and feeling. It also involves magnetism and attraction of opposites.
- Shy away from love.
- Shy away from sex.
- Often feel guilty, usually the guilt is sex related.
- May feel lack of control.
- Tendency to be stiff and unemotional, often having a “poker face.”
- Not very open to people.
- Emotional most of the time.
- Very emotionally attached to people.
- May have a need for constant sexual gratification.
- Need to justify yourself by constantly trying to please your partner.
- Excessive sexuality that is not healthy.
- Very co-dependent and be easily manipulated and affected by a lover.
- Tendency to be over-emotional or theatrical.
- Frustration can build into aggressive behavior.
- Feelings flow freely and expressed without being over-emotional.
- Open to intimacy.
- Can be passionate and lively.
- You have good connections and relationships with the majority of people.
You know the differences between the activity and openness of the chakra. The main thing you need to think is “Go with the flow.” Another good affirmation is “I feel.”
There some spiritual lessons with this chakra. One of them is creativity. Another is manifestation, which involves some positive thoughts. You need to honor relationships and learn to let go.