Chakras: The Energy Wheels
Our body has energy. There is an energy field around the body known as the aura. In the aura, we also have energy centers known as the chakras. In Sanskrit, chakra means wheel. Those energy centers are all over the body and they look like spinning wheels. They are also seen as spiraling cones of energy. In healing, we bring chakras into alignment and balance them.
There are seven main chakras: root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, brow, and crown. They each have different colors. Also, they each effect a different part of the body.
- Root Chakra – Red. Located at the base of the spine. It involves Earth, survival, grounding, and stillness. It grounds us in the physical world.
- Sacral Chakra – Orange. Located just beneath the navel. It’s related to our sexual and reproductive activity.
- Solar Plexis Chakra – Yellow. Located just above the navel. It’s the Seat of Emotions. It gives us a sense of our personal power in the world.
- Heart Chakra – Green. Located on the heart. This involves the love that we feel in the world.
- Throat Chakra – Blue. Located on the throat. This is tied to creativity and communication.
- Brow Chakra – Indigo. Located on your third eye. It deals with clairvoyance, psychic abilities, imagination and dreaming.
- Crown Chakra – Purple. Located on the top of your head. This connects you with the higher energies from higher vibrations. It’s the spiritual connection, understanding, knowing, bliss, and God.
The chakras are the energy centers of the body. They can help you heal when you are sick. It is very important to develop them and keep them balanced. I will be posting more about chakras.
“Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul the work of the soul, and good for either the work of the other.” ~ Henry David Thoreau